276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Balance

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A week later, Lucy Spraggan's independently released debut album Top Room at the Zoo also charted, peaking at Number 22 on the UK's Official Albums Chart. It was included first on her debut album Top Room at the Zoo, and later on her major label debut Join the Club.

When I started to work on who I am and how I was going to find my own balance I realised that it’s not always best to do it alone and that sometimes it’s important to reach out for help. It’s a personal journey played out in song and although far from plain sailing – title song Balance sees her //‘Sleeping in an empty bed / I’m gonna leave my ex on read / Listen to what my therapist said’// – one that treads a path to where she stands today as an artist. Originally charting in 2012, after Spraggan's The X Factor audition, it peaked at number 2 on the chart update, but was subsequently removed from sale. During the session I realised that I’d been storming through life trying to find the right person for me when I hadn’t spent much time working out who I actually was.Closing the record in the present day, the double hit of Manchester and Cost Of Living offer a glimpse at Lucy’s life now; the first is a love letter to her adopted home city, with allusions to Oasis and talk of the //‘wild North West’// in an ode to community and inclusivity, while the closing number nods to the post-Brexit British economy while ticking through the shared experience of being human in the 21st century. Lucy has reunited with music industry supremo Simon Cowell who has signed her to his Syco Publishing and is an instrumental part in the forthcoming album. In 2013, Lucy Spraggan's second studio album Join The Club was released, topping out at Number 7, making her one of only few openly lesbian artists to claim a UK Top 10 album. In December 2022, Spraggan released the single "Balance", taken from her forthcoming seventh studio album of the same name, due for release August 2023.

I had just come to the end of another relationship that didn’t work out and we were talking about what it was that I was looking for in life. Among the 14 tracks are also cultural moments that lean into events of the past 10 years that have impacted and altered the social landscape, such as the death of TV presenter Caroline Flack after hounding from the media ( Caroline), along with uplifting sentiments that nod to an artist who, on the back of a mega launchpad, has worked tirelessly to craft a career in her own vision ( Empire).Lucy was the first contestant in X Factor history to score a Top 40 single and album before the live shows aired.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment